THIS POLICY DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THIS WEBSITE IS USED, DISCLOSED AND YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION. To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY.
Notice of Privacy Practices
We take every precaution to guard and protect our patients' privacy and confidentiality in all aspects. You have a right to confidentiality of your medical information and by law we are required to maintain your privacy.
Each time you visit Dr. Laurie Massa and the BelleĀge Medispa a record of your visit is made. Typically, this record contains your treatment, and a plan for future care or treatment. This information, often referred to as your health or medical record, serves as a:
- Basis for planning you care and treatment (allergies, etc...)
- Means by which you or a third-party payer can verify that services billed were actually provided
- A tool in educating our health professionals to better serve you in the future
- A source of information for public health officials charged with improving the health of this state and nation
- Other healthcare providers treatment activities
- Other healthcare operations covered activities (to the extent Covered by HIPAA)
- Law enforcement agencies
Although your health record is the physical property of BelleĀge Medispa, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices upon request
- Inspect and copy your health record as provided for in § 164.524 Access of individuals to protected health information
- Amend your health record as provided in § 164.524 Access of individuals to protected health information
- Obtain an accounting of disclosure of your health information as provided in § 164.524 Access of individuals to protected health information
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations
- Request a restriction on certain used and disclosures of your information as provided by § 164.524 Access of individuals to protected health information
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
The Way We Use Information Collected on This Website:
We use the information you provide about yourself when requesting a consultation only to respond to you and provide you with non-clinical information. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete the correspondence back to you (email transmission, etc...).
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our website from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
For More Information or to Report a Problem
If you have questions and would like additional information, you may contact the practice at
(859) 977-2312 or fax the office at (859) 977-2310.
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you can file a complaint with the practices Privacy Officer or with the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Health.